Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ghost Story

There is a ghost story about if you are driving along a certain stretch of road, and in the fog you pass a Model T driven by a man in old fashion garb accompanied by a young girl in similar attire, beware.  For if you mysteriously pass him 2 more times you will be in a fatal accident.

I summoned all my powers of google but couldn't find a link to that story.

Today I rocked it old school at the rez like it was 1999.
Except the beginning and end are totally different, and well part of the middle too.
But if there was a "standard" rez loop, that most people do, this was almost it.

Anyhoo...

When I first got to the ridge there was a guy with a green Santa Cruz breaking tree branches.  Why he was breaking branches off a perfectly good tree, I don't know, but I have the advantage of being able to go under a lot of things that riders of adult size may not.

Then on the Kerry Trail I pass him again.
How in the world did he get in front of me?

I finish the Kerry Trail and drop down to cross the fireroad to the East side and he's pedaling up it.

For the life of me I don't know what route he could possibly ride to get in front of me.

Get down the East fence line, ride My Own Private Idaho, and pop out to the blacktop.

As I pull into the lot, a white Camry with a green Santa Cruz strapped to the back is pulling out.

Weird.

1 comment:

Bill said...

There is a mid 90's trek in my mother-in law's basement that I have been considering taking for a ride this just might be the loop I follow