Monday, November 8, 2010

I was just going to get a jump on the morning, grab my bike and put it in the truck.

I'm so efficient...

But you can't just take the bike out of the stand, without giving the cranks a spin. Wheels are pretty true, but we're missing a bar end cap...

and what the...

cable housing end is somewhat FUBAR'd?

Hmm...

Try and fit the end cap back on the frayed housing end, but you know it's an exercise in futility.

Unwrap the bar taped remove, the housing, replace the housing, re-thread the cable...
the cable's too short?
How the, is the cable too short? Housing was the same size, why isn't the cable long enough?

That's okay, I've got another Campagnolo cable left in my kit...

Thread it through...

It's too short?

What the...
How can a brand new cable be too short?
Campy must do something cute like have different front and rear cables in the kit.

Grind down the head on a Shimano cable, thread it...
Hey look at that; long enough...

Twiddle some knobs, crimp some ends...

Wrap the bars..

What did I come down here for?










...don't forget the bar end plug.

No comments: