Monday, December 20, 2010

Things that make you say Hmm....

I was JRA yesterday when I came across a trio fellows walking up a rock ledge I was about to ride down. They were sporting a veritable cornucopia of vintage to modern gear, the most modern being a C-dale Jekyll.
As they marveled over the wonders of my 29" wheels, singlespeed, rigid fork, and bell, music filled the air.
Really.
The gentleman riding the Cannondale Raven had some sort of music playing device in his backpack and was cranking tunes. Bob Marley at the the time.
One of my many gripes, and ask TJ, I've got plenty, is other trail users totally oblivious to the rest of the world with their earbuds in, cranking Debbie Gibson, Glenn Beck or whatever. But this guy not only is he not sheltering himself in a auditory cocoon, but sharing the love with all to hear.
Don't know how I feel about that (yes I do, something good to gripe about).
We were headed in different directions so I didn't have to take my chances with what his next song choice would be.
I really should make a point of riding with a camera.

6 comments:

TJ said...

That's a valid gripe and would annoy me also. Right up there with a ringing cell phone on a ride.

Todd H. said...

I think I know exactly who you're talking about... this may explain something...he's a lawyer

Hill Junkie said...

One of my peeves too. That is why I cherish solo epics off the beaten path. No people = no annoyance.

Mark said...

Did you smell anything wacky? These guys were probably not for there for the riding but rather something a little more illicit.

CB2 said...

Nope. No pot, grass, wild weed, dope, hooch, Wacky tobacky, and it wasn't 4:20...that was Saturday.

zonacitas said...

Beautiful blog, Congratulations!!!