Sunday, January 18, 2009

Grueling But Great

Yesterday Alex and I took on the res.
The wind had died down a bit, and there was the promise of temps as warm as 20 F!
Never quite made it that high but after the initial shock of cold on the ride over to the res., the temperature seem down right balmy once we began to climb (it got up to 17 F according to Garmin).
Quite a chore, probably my highest HR since the Summer, but I must say, where hikers had packed down between the XC ski tracks, made a very nice 15" singletrack even on the fireroads. Those stretches of hard packed snow have got to be some of the funnest to ride, at least until they compress to ice.

I'd love to share a picture of Alex mastering the conditions, but A: I was never quick enough w/ the camera phone to get a shot other than in the lot, and B: Even if I had, I still can't figure out how to get pictures off my phone!

Alex did snap this one of me in the lot before we hit the trails.

2 comments:

James said...

Fixed and really snowy makes me sleepy.

Mookie said...

Problem is that I was by no means mastering the conditions. Yeah I think I hit 185 on the old HR in the beginning there when I was stuck in the big ring. Great workout.