Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Who!


Last night I took my son to see The Who at Mohegan Sun Arena.
It was truly awesome!
When I was his age (16) they were my favor my favorite. At the time they were too big to play in Connecticut, but there was no way my parents were going to let me go to New York to see them.
In the nineties, I was pretty soured to arena shows so I had no interest in seeing them then. I realized later, and especially after the death of John Entwistle that this probably a mistake. If any band could make a stadium show worthwhile it was The Who.
Fast forward to 2008 and they kicked ass. All the power and energy(well almost) of the live recordings from the 60's and 70's, but at a non-ringing volume.
Zack Starkey, and Pino Palladino filled in quite nicely for the deceased, and Simon Townshend help out big brother Pete on guitar. Rabbit Bundrick(?) was on keys, and Pete was gushing all over him.
Great show.
Best part: Afterwards my son says "That was amazing!".
So what does this have to do with bikes?
Well Charlie won't be riding a bike today, he's beat from being up past his bedtime.

1 comment:

MMcG said...

Nice! I saw the Who way back I think in the mid-80s on their "farewell" tour! That didn't work now did it!?

the show was at Rich Stadium in Buffalo and it was amazing. I nearly got crushed by the crowd but other than that had the time of my life. I'll never forget it and I have my older brother Paul to thank for taking me to the show at a young age.