Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I took this crappy, blurry picture on the ride home from work last night.  I thought it looked kinda badass having my computer obscured by rain drops.
But then I got to thinking.

Badass?
Riding in light to moderate rain when it's in the upper 70's on my commuter bike with fenders and lights wearing Sweden's finest technical rain gear.

What about the immigrant who has to ride his crappy department store bike, dressed in whatever he can afford no matter what the weather to one of his jobs.
He's badass.

5 comments:

Jez Andrews said...

A bit like the guy I passed today, hunkered down over his weighty stead, squeaking loudly as he pedled on. He was drenched to the skin his clothes clinging to his body and his thick tracksuit bottoms, weighted with water, hung unceremoniously showing the crack of his arse...... Badass? Can so easily be lost in translation!!

Jez
www.followingthechainline.blogspotblogspot.com

Alby King said...

Why would a cyclist of any kind want to be a badass? Fine-ass is one of the premier results!!

CB2 said...

Oh admit it Alby, you've played Jens Voigt on the ride home when there's drizzle...

Alby King said...

I sing, no matter the weather.

Anonymous said...

RULE #9 / IF YOU ARE OUT RIDING IN BAD WEATHER, IT MEANS YOU ARE A BADASS. PERIOD.

See http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules/ for the rest of the rules.