Thursday, March 17, 2011

I totally forgot it was St. Patrick's Day.
I even had a green jersey in my hand when I was dressing this morning, but decided it would be too flappy if the weather was nice and I didn't need a jacket for the ride home.
When I got to work I went to the Facebook, wished my cousin a happy birthday, think my memory was fading with age because I thought I remembered it being on St. Patrick's Day.
I post a link to The Dropkick Murphys and only after a friend commented on that did I realize what day it was.
How did I ever survive the dark days before the Zukerberg era?

So in honor of St. Patrick's Day I thought I'd write a little bit about my old buddy Chris, or Bongway as he would become known.
Actually I thought of Chris when I was up on South Ridge Rd riding home from work. There was an attractive lady wearing a green jersey getting her mail. South Ridge is a more exclusive neighborhood with views and circular driveways and the likes.
Chris was originally from Marblehead, MA, another exclusive area (Chris was the guy up on those exclusive roofs with bundles of shingles).
Anywho... one of Chris' many nuggets of wisdom he bestowed on me, Bongway-isms as they would be come to known, was "I love Marblehead...rich guys live in Marblehead...rich guys have pretty wives, who have hot daughters for me to ____" Well, I'll let you fill in the blank.

One of my all time favorite Bongway-isms, one which I'm sure I've ripped off in some shape or form was Chris' view on contraception:
"I wear ribbed condoms...for her pleasure...because I care".

Chris would show up for rehearsal (he was a great guitarist, btw) with a tallboy and 3 singles (Budweiser of course). I'd point out it would cost less to buy a six pack, his eyes would glaze over and he'd simple quip "but I don't want 6".

So Chris, I'll put aside all rational and logic for a moment, consider there is a white bearded guy floating around on a cloud who you have some influence with and assume you had something to do with the awesomeness we were served up for this afternoon.
It was a great ride home.

No comments: