Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Almost There

Mechanically the bike is all sorted. New brake pads, new chain, and apparently stainless steel doesn't last for ever so a newish cog to replace the one below.


Tires are all topped off with Stan's, so as far as the Swift is concerned, all systems are GO!

Over the Winter I bought a pair of shoes to replace my once über comfortable, but now quickly deteriorating Pearl Izumis.

I wore them through the Winter commuting to break them in. But I guess you really don't get to know a shoe in the 1-2 hour legs of a trip to work while wearing thick warm socks.

As I began to log longer hours it became apparent XC-1's were not the Answer I was looking for. Serves me right for trusting my feet to an internet closeout.

It got so bad on Tuesday, it felt like someone was stabbing me in the toe with every pedal stroke.
As far as cycling shoes goes, I'm part Imelda Marcos, part hoarder. I've been meaning on throwing out some pairs of shoes for a while now, but glad I never got around to it. Fortunately I still have these gems. No fancy ratchets, but oh so comfortable.

Now it's just a matter of testing bottle stand 2000, pre-riding, and for better or worse, the season is here.

No comments: