Friday, August 7, 2009

Back to Basics

It's been nice getting reacquainted with my geared bikes these past couple of weeks, but it's time to get back on the Fun Machine.
Yesterday I almost got backed into, which I can't totally fault the driver, because it getting dark in the morning for the beginning of my commute, and my geared bikes don't have lights on them.
That shouldn't have been an issue for the sideways hat, wife beater wearing youth driving the beat to shit Mazda 6 who almost made me a hood ornament at 5:00 PM yesterday. As he flew towards his left turn with no blinker on he pulled one of those turn into, then stop, then go, then stop maneuvers. All with a glazed stare.
The geared bikes have also made my commute too competitive. Instead of enjoying my ride home from work, I'm consumed with breaking the record.
As an aside, on a fast bumpy descent (by Crescent Lake in Southington), I'm tucked in enjoying the speed of a freewheeling bike, and a bee or some such stingy bug flies into my leg and stings it!
At first I thought it might have been something the cool looking Triumph with the chrome tank kicked up, but 12 hours later it still stings.

No comments: