Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I went riding today (there's a shocker).
I ran out of water about 16 miles into 21.  That left me climbing the last hill without a drink.  I could have opted out as I was about 1/2 mile from the trailhead when I turned to go back up to the ridge.
Descending down the powerlines on the West side, I'd hit pockets of hot damp air. Not warm, but hot.   Like when you open the dryer before the cycle is done.

I've been traveling with a cooler full of bottles this week; never have I been so pleased to have extra water to dose myself with.

But relief from the weather is promised.

I don't know how I feel about that.

Last year Wrath of the Boneyard took place during a heat wave.  Between the heat and the rugged nature of the course, I think it was somewhat demoralizing for some.

I like that..

This year I'll only have the rocks.

1 comment:

fabian said...

Might have a little moisture out there.