Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!

No one needs a sink that bad for me to go in with 20"+ of snow falling, so whilst it was precipitating I head down to the basement for a little project...
Now riding in the snow is fun and all, but even with a fatbike, you ain't going nowhere with that much snow.
Think, think, what to do, what to do?
With this much snow, I'd have to pay money to go XC skiing; something I am diametrically apposed to doing (conversely, Mrs. CB2 will not ski if she can't spend money).
I don't have snow shoes, and I'm not planning on buying any soon (do you see a theme of frugality forming; Mrs. CB2 has a different term for it).
Riding on the roads might be my only option to keep my girlish figure.
The roads are going to be pretty shitty for a while...there is only one solution...
The Death Alley Driver!!!



Studded tires, disc brakes, fenders, gears (singlespeeds and fixed gears are so 2009), and the pi├Ęce de r├ęsistance, the Metro Bars that MMCG was so kind enough to let me borrow when I broke my thumb.
I had planned on racing cross on Mary Jane, but the fork was making a horrible creaking sound. I figured it would be okay for the road, due to lack of impact, but on closer inspection the crown race was pretty loose, I had another that was much tighter, you know how they are supposed to be, so hopefully that solved the problem.
I wanted to go with full coverage fenders front and rear, but there were interference issues with the rear brake, fender fiddling rates high on the pain in the ass-o-meter.
Can't wait to give her a proper ride.
Now I'll leave you with some 80's classics that somehow connect to this post.





(I gave you the extendy version 'cause I know how you love the 80's)

1 comment:

MMcG said...

I thought those bars looked familiar!