Monday, August 29, 2011

Race Report: Norcross Scurry!

As expected much ado about nothing.







I totally understand the decision; racer and volunteer safety in a worse case senario, liability, not having a crystal ball, and all.
But having raced through Tropical Depression Danny at Norcross two years ago, I was ready.  I knew what gear and tires to run.

I wanted that maple syrup!
Dammit!

At least I won't be replacing brake pads this week.

*Monday Morning Quarterback*
700,000 CT residents  are still without power, and there were a lot of downed branches on the road on the ride in.  There was considerable flooding, most of the smaller tributaries have receded but there was water over the roads.  The Connecticut River is still rising, flights are grounded at Bradley International Airport, and Metro North trains are not running (NYC MTA isn't running trains either).

No comments: