Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Hardening the Stereoype

There is a stereotype that BMW drivers are dicks.  I guess it isn't a stereotype because scientist confirm this by using science.

On the morning commute, I took the lane at a red light. The right third of the lane, as to not get "right hooked" at a  busy interchange where people are turning right.

Waiting in line, a black fender pulls up next to me.  Why they can't wait in line like everyone else is beyond me.  Imagine if the same thing happened to you in your car; waiting in the lane and a car nudges up in the space you are already occupying?

The light changes, traffic begins to move, and as we clear the intersection, the black BMW X5 pulls up next to me, slows, the driver smirks, and waves.

I reply with an expressive hand gesture.

Infuriated, the X5 driver slams on his brakes hard enough to skid...but his ADD must have kicked in because he then accelerated hard, cuts in front of a car in the left lane, brakes hard and turns left.

I guess he didn't have time to play.

The commute home was much better.  I saw the largest black bear of my life galloping across a suburban road.  He slowed to a walk when he spotted me, then continued his gallop into a small cell of undeveloped land.

I guess he didn't have time to play either.




No comments: